Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Adapting Expectations



Remember my ambitious list of all the goals / plans / etc I had for myself? And remember how I was going to try to be flexible in my expectations when it came to doing them?

If I may pat myself on the back for a minute, I feel like I've been doing a pretty good job.

While I'm trying to get on the treadmill (or outside, whichever) at least three times a week, I think I've only done it twice a week. And you know what? That third day that I'm hoping to get on? Oh well. I remind myself that I don't need to be perfect in order to be improving. Those two days I'm getting in are two days more than I used to exercise.

That being said, I do plan on walking / running three days a week, so that's still my overall goal. I'm just getting better in managing the perfectionism that can so easily come with goals. The whole - If I have a goal for three days a week and I miss one than I may as well not do the other two since the whole week is wasted.

I'm getting better at avoiding that mindset and focusing on the positive. This is huge for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment