Sunday, January 3, 2016

What Am I Doing Here?

That's a good question.

Even if it's not one you asked (who's "you"? no one will be reading this, it's just for me), it's one I've been asking myself ever since I created this blog a few weeks ago (obviously posting right away was not a priority!).

I think there are a few answers to that question, and I think I'll discover a few more as I continue with this.

For now, this is what I'm thinking -
  • I'm trying to be brutally honest with myself and what's happening in my life.
  • I'm trying to make some permanent changes - knowing that progress will be an up and down process.
  • I'm trying to lose 80 lbs.
  • I'm trying to de-clutter my life - my possessions and my body.
  • I'm trying to find a place inside my head where I can be truly and completely accepting of myself and where I am (as I write this one, it sounds a little psychotic, but I don't mean that I'll be living in my head, I mean that I want to change my mindset to be more accepting of myself - struggles and all - as I purposely work to improve myself).
That's a decent start for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment