Tuesday, January 26, 2016

What My Days Look Like

Since this is my own record of my lifestyles change(s), I'm going to write down what my life looks like on a regular work-day basis. Sorry if anyone else reads this and it's boring...



5:40/5:45 (6:00 at the very latest...) - wake up and let the pups outside
- while they're outside I go into the kitchen and start pulling things out for lunch

5:50 - bring them in, feed them, take my thyroid pill

5:55 - go back to the kitchen, finish putting lunch together (sometimes that's just pulling out leftovers and putting them in a bag, other times it's making an almond butter and jam {simply fruit!} sandwich) and make breakfast (an egg and a piece of bread cooked in coconut oil)

6:10/6:15 - get dressed, grab purse, lock pups in my room (long story as to why this is necessary, but trust me, it is)

6:30 - grab breakfast as I'm walking out the door, eat in the car

7:00 - 4:00 - work

4:30/4:45 - get home, let pups outside, snuggle with them for a little bit, and if it's going to happen that day, exercise

6:00/6:30 - eat dinner (after exercising I'm normally not very hungry, so sometimes this is just a piece of toast and/or spiced almond milk (yum!)

7:00 - work on a project at home, sometimes take the pups for a walk, read, etc.

Try to have lights out no later than 10 so I can wake up and do it all over again!

There, wasn't that thrilling?

Don't lie.

I guess the main thing I want to remember is what I've figured out in terms of food. I've got the breakfast thing down. Seriously, I have an egg and piece of cracked wheat sourdough toast every single work day. It's a good thing that I love it. Sometimes on the weekend I'll cut a whole in the bread, use butter for one side of it, and then crack an egg in the middle of it. This takes longer than my weekday method because I normally scramble the egg to break up the yolk and fry it just like normal (it cooks super-fast this way). I do not like soft yolks, so on the weekend, I leave the egg to cook for a lot longer to make sure that yolk isn't soft at all (this occasionally leads to burning one side of the bread, oops!).

For lunch, an almond butter and simply fruit sandwich is my go to grab if I don't have anything else ready to go (see dinner). No matter what I'm taking I almost always include a huge salad - and I eat it all - because salad is good for you. (: It helps that I don't hate it.

For dinner, if I'm eating dinner, I try to keep it simple and mostly veggie-focused. I love to do ground bison (way better than ground beef in my opinion) and veggie stir-fry (light on the bison, heavy on the veggies). Sometimes I'll do that over long grain brown rice sometimes I'll just eat the veggie mix plain. I love spaghetti but don't have that very often (sugar-free sauce, of course!). Whatever I make for dinner I try to make sure I have enough for at least one or two lunches.

I eat pretty simply, and repeat meals a lot. Which thankfully, I don't have a problem with.

I feel like I've found a pretty good rhythm for myself food-wise. May it last forever!

One thing I invested in recently is a spiralizer. I had been making zucchini "pasta" with a julienne peeler, but the Veggetti (as seen on TV... which I've never seen on TV) is so much easier and faster! I want to start branching out with it (so far I've only done zucchini) and using it even more since I think it's a great way to get in more vegetables. I also want to do more cauli-rice. I've only made it once (to go with a bison and veggie stir-fry!) and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment